PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM-23-035.1
August 31, 2023
All Approved Insurance Providers
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
Richard H. Flournoy /s/ Richard H. Flournoy Deputy Administrator
Actual Production History (APH) and Other Crop Insurance Transparency (APHCIT) Final Rule Effective for the 2024 and Succeeding Crop Years
The Risk Management Agency (RMA) issued Product Management Bulletin PM-23-035 on June 29, 2023, announcing changes to several policies under the APHCIT Final Rule. In reviewing the changes made in the APHCIT Final Rule, the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) found some incorrect references and conflicting provisions that were not updated to accurately incorporate the changes, and a grammatical error was included in the amendatory instructions. A Correcting Amendment with these changes was published in the Federal Register on August 30, 2023, at regulations.gov.
Corrections in the Common Crop Insurance Policy (CCIP) Basic Provisions include:
- Alphabetizing the definition of “organic standards”;
- Allowing the Crop Provisions to provide exceptions to the production reporting date;
- Removing references to subpart G; and
- Ensuring the availability of enterprise units and whole farm units is shown only in the actuarial documents.
The Correcting Amendment removed references to subpart G and corrected references from “previous” year production to “current” year for consistency with the CCIP Basic Provisions, in the following Crop Provisions:
- Arizona-California Citrus Crop Provisions;
- California Avocado Crop Provisions;
- Macadamia Nut Crop Provisions; and
- Texas Citrus Fruit Crop Provisions.
Conforming changes were also made in the pilot Fresh Market Caneberry Crop Provisions.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Common Crop Insurance Policy Basic Provisions (24-BR)
- Arizona-California Citrus Crop Provisions (25-0126)
- California Avocado Crop Provisions (25-0019)
- Fresh Market Caneberry Crop Provisions (24-6000)
- Macadamia Nut Crop Provisions (25-0023)
- Texas Citrus Fruit Crop Provisions (25-0226)
Approved insurance providers (AIPs) must notify producers of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator.
December 31, 2024